Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back in FL again!

On Monday we had a nice day with family, including a BBQ at my aunt and uncle's house. Tyler had lots of fun with my cousin's kids again, before coming home to say a quick goodbye to my brother who had stopped by on his way home from a long day at work.

Tuesday we did some visiting with my grandparents and other assorted activities that Tyler picked, such as a trip to the playground and a meal at Friendly's.

That night, after MANY tears, we flew home. Luckily Tyler was very good on the flight, and he was THRILLED to see his daddy. The excitement only continued when we got home, when he was greeted with his brand new furniture he had been talking about for weeks! We had fully intended on having him sleep on the lower trundle bed until he was a bit older, but he completely was against sleeping there, but instead wanted to sleep "up top". We agreed, and just pulled the trundle out while he was asleep in case he fell, but he did great. I think I will be buying a bed side railing though, just in case.
Wednesday we got right back in the swing of things, with a trip to the doctor's office to pick up Tyler's physical forms and then to Target for lunch and grocery shopping. While Tyler napped (yes, NAPPED!!!) I did his preschool paperwork and then I woke him to go to his orientation at preschool. We met the director, who was very nice, and we're all set for him to start school in less than a month. I can hardly believe it! From there it was off to the library and then we came home to make dinner and do some straightening up. I know, fascinating, huh?

Oh, and we discovered that Tyler's little tomato plants had grown while we were in NJ and he had 3 ripe tomatoes. He gobbled those little guys up as quickly as could be and said they were quite tasty.
Today I had my OB appointment. I'm 30 weeks today. 9 weeks exactly until the big day! I'm only down .5lbs and everything is measuring on track. I guess that's about it!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

You look gorgeous!!!

As far as the bed, we have and do EXACTLY the same with Jillian. My biggest thing was Jillian rolling off because she's a very, very active and restless sleeper. For a while, we just used the bottom, but she has insisted on sleeping on top. The good thing for us is that when she wakes up, she automatically comes to get us. Now with the bottom out, she pauses and lays back down...I think...that only happened one night....What a doll Tyler is!!

Anonymous said...

You look great, Heather. I love Tyler's furniture - it looks like he does too!

Mommyof2boys said...

Your glowing !! I can't believe your little man will be here so soon ! Isn't it so exciting to see if the siblings will look alike ?
Glad you guys had a fun day !

Karlise said...

You look great Heather! You're still so little!!

Karen said...

Welcome back home! Thanks for the update on the bed. I seriously considered buying from them but was chicken when we were looking for Shawn's bed. It looks great!

Melodie said...

Look at your belly! I can't wait to see it in person.

I'm glad Tyler likes his new room. The bed looks great. I'll have to consider that compnay when we look for furniture for Katie.