Monday, July 14, 2008

another pregnancy update


On Thursday I reached 28 weeks. I believe that brings me into the 3rd trimester. Wahoo!

Not much new to report. I overdid things a bit too much with my trip to New England. I guess I didn't really think too much about all the little bits of lifting I was forced to do. At home he has a step stool and obviously out in public we didn't have any of that so EVERY time he needed to poop or wash his hands or brush his teeth I had to lift him to the toilet or to the sink. I walked a ton more than I'm used to and didn't get us much sleep as I really needed. I did, however, drink my water. At least I did SOMETHING right!

According to my parents scale I'm still down 1-2lbs, but that may not be accurate. I feel like I've gained more.


I swear this little boy is running out of room. It might just be my memory failing me, but I don't feel like I remember this much movement from Tyler at this stage in the pregnancy. I can feel kicks way down in my abdomen at the same time I feel movement at the opposite side of my body up by my ribs. I'm starting to feel limbs now, which is fun. Every once and a while I can see body parts protruding from my stomach.


Tyler has finally started to feel some movement though too, which is really cute. He still loves to talk to my belly and ask how the baby is doing, whether he is asleep, if he likes what I'm eating, etc.


Baby boy Eline is still nameless. At some point maybe myself and Al will be in the same state for a decent amount of time to get the chance to sit down with a baby name book. I feel neglectful as a parent, although my mom did remind me that we hadn't picked a name yet for Tyler at this point (although we had already been discussing it for months, unlike this time around). Right now the only possibilities have been provided by Tyler: Jason (not sure where he got this, but it is growing on us), Diego, Dora (which he now agrees would be a bad choice since Dora is a girl), Tyler (which he now agrees would be confusing), or Yasin (our little neighbor). He's so helpful, isn't he?

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

When I was pregnant with Patrick, Matthew came up with a name list (we didn't know the sex) and it was "Matthew" - his argument was that if you call, we'll both come running. The other names on his list her "Frosty" for a girl, "Snowman" for a boy and his personal favorite "Fred" for either sex. He was so disappointed when we didn't name Patrick "Fred" and for about a year after that he named every new doll or stuffed animal he got "Fred". You look great!

Melodie said...

Jason is not a bad choice. If you and Al can't come up with anything, why not go with Tyler's choice? He'll feel like he made a major contribution to his little brother.

And as for you feeling so much more with this baby... You always feel more movement earlier with subsequent pregnancies. Of course, some babies are just a lot more active than others. Emily would not hold still whenever I went in for my weekly check-ups, and my OB had to chase her around with the doppler to hear her heartbeat. She joked that Emily would have ADHD.

You better get crackin' on that name, though. Baby Bean will be here before you know it.

Hill said...

Tyler makes a lovely pregnant boy! Ha-ha! You look fantastic, by way! I'd make some name suggestions, but you know me, I pick weird names. I like Sutton-- that was one that my mom brought up when I was pregnant with the boys. Yeah, it didn't fly with Eric, so it probably won't fly with Al either!

Karlise said...

I love, love that pic of Tyler with the belly!! He's too cute!