Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Catching up

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, been abducted, nor been hospitalized. Shockingly enough, I just haven't been on the computer!

Tyler and I flew to Providence, RI late on Wednesday night. Despite being very late, Tyler didn't feel the need to sleep (he's never slept on a plane). Instead he got a second wind and was practicing his "forward rolls" IN the airport terminal. My friend Marisa, along with her husband Zak and daughter Jocelyn came to pick us up and Tyler never fell asleep until the car ride home around 2:30am. Yep, that's right.

Marisa and Zak live out in the country, or at least compared to where I live. They have no need for blinds/curtains, because no one can see their house anyway. So, lo and behold, Tyler was up shortly after the sun rose around 7:30am. So, he got all of 5 hours of broken sleep. We spent the morning leisurely enjoying breakfast and then went for a swim in their pool and ate lunch out outside. Tyler discovered chives planted in a small planter near their pool, which he affectionately referred to as a "lovely poolside snack". I bet they never thought of their chives in that way.

Thankfully Tyler took a short nap before we head out to the local town 4th of July (held on the 3rd of July) "event". By the time we got there it was downpouring so we went to dinner first and then back to the festivities. It was still sprinkling a bit, but we walked around and enjoyed the sites. I bought Tyler some cotton candy, which, by the way, is NOT a brilliant idea when it's semi rainy out. I've never seen a larger cotton candy, which then turned into the messiest cotton candy ever. This only reinforces my idea that I will carry baby wipes with me until the day I die.
Jocelyn had fun too. Isn't she so beautiful?

Afterwards we drove to a nearby town for some music and fireworks. We had to walk a ton before we could get there, and by that time we missed the music but arrived just in time for the fireworks.
Tyler is iffy about fireworks in general. He liked them as a young toddler, but then became petrified of them, but it coming back around again. This is a photo of him reportedly enjoying the fireworks, all along announcing "I think I like them. I really do". I don't buy it. LOL!

And here is Joceyln at her first fireworks display. She did really well, with NO tears!

And here is Tyler perking back up again after the fireworks display was over.

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

It looks like a great time - we missed you! I'm glad to hear, despite the limited sleep, you guys are doing great! Enjoy it!

Holly said...

Looks like fun! Hope you're have a great vacation!

Melodie said...

Mmmmm..... Marshmallows. Yum.

Debbie said...

I love the apprehension in Tyler's face in the one pictures and then being totally happy with the marshmellows....Sounds like a great time!!