Monday, July 21, 2008

A Day Off!

On Sunday the temperature was due to be in the high nineties again, so my parents offered to take Tyler to the zoo themselves and give me the day off! I slept until 9:30 or so, and then got up and scanned old pictures for my grandparents, straightened the living room, and showered. Oh, and watched a bit of TV.

Meanwhile Tyler and my parents enjoyed the VERY HOT Cape May County Zoo. Tyler really liked some of the animals (he claims his favorite was the giraffe or the peacocks), but especially loved some of the carnival-like games they had to play. Oh, and a big highlight was the bathroom with the push pedal that you used to flush the toilet. He's easily amused.

They were back home by probably 2:30, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time off, even if I wasn't at the spa or anything. It's amazing how a little break makes you much more able to handle the kabillion questions I get thrown daily.

Speaking of "handling" things, I'm about ready to force Tyler's pacifier back on him. My child who normally slept 9-12 hours per night PLUS a 2-3 hour nap daily is now sleeping only about 8-10 hours a night. Lovely. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so greatly affecting his behavior. I've about had it up to here with the attitude. He tells me to stop, he throws things, he hits, he's even taking to spitting. My all time favorite was when he threatened to "rip you in half". Nice, huh? He's claiming he's not sleeping because he has "nofing to suck on". He never asks for binki, but I'm about ready to give it back to him and duct tape it in his mouth. LOL.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

Forget the pacifier. Just skip directly to the duct tape.

Oh, and since his birthday is coming up, you can start threatening him with that. i.e. no birthday party, no birthday cake, you won't live to turn four, no birthday presents, etc.

Debbie said...

Its nice to have that alone time, isn't it!!! I look forward to every possible hour I can get...and still that's not enough...LOL!