Monday, July 14, 2008

fun in the field


On Thursday, after preschool camp, we called my brother Chris and we all went out to lunch (myself, Tyler, my mom, and Chris) and then on a little outing. My brother occasionally works at a local blueberry farm. It's not open to the public at all, instead it's a family owned business and they sell to companies. However, they allowed us to come in and pick since they know my brother well (the owner's son is my brother's good friend).

I had been blueberry picking in Florida recently, and was shocked to see how HUGE the blueberries here were in comparison. I'm not sure if it's due to the variety of bush or the climate or whatever, but they were beautiful and delicious! Despite the fact that they were recently pruned, the bushes were still gigantic and had huge clusters of berries. The nice thing was that many of the huge clusters were down low so Tyler had no trouble picking at all. We got 4 huge containers worth (the size you see around our waists in the pictures) in no time because of how easy they were to pick and how large the berries were. Oh, and we got them for FREE. Nice bonus! It's possible that Tyler consumed a full bucket as well. LOL.
Oh, and unrelated to blueberry picking, Al left for Hawaii on Thursday morning. On Tuesday, while we were in Atlantic City I had received a message that he was going to Hawaii. Not knowing the details at all, I assumed the worst, but in reality he left on Thursday for a short trip. So, I guess he'll be "enjoying" his own version of "fun in the field" as well.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

I'm jealous (about the bluberries and Hawaii!) My blueberries all completely gone from this spring.

Mommyof2boys said...

Such pretty pictures,the blueberries look yummy ! We took the boys to our local Blueberry Festival last month,very fun !