Monday, July 27, 2009

that ship has sailed



See that picture? Ugh. That picture was taken on Saturday, on my first night out post-Jason that I had blogged about. I was so excited to finally go out, but NOT excited about getting dressed, figuring out what to wear, etc. It took some of the fun out of going out. So that's it, I've hit the point where I'm just not happy about being fat anymore.

When I got pregnant with Jason I was much heavier than I would have liked to be. I was so sick during the pregnancy though that I ended up gaining less weight than Jason even weighed, so I came home from the hospital weighing less than the day I found out I was pregnant! However, due to his allergies to foods, my diet became very restricted. When he finally started doing better (maybe 2-3 months ago) I was finally able to eat all those foods that I hadn't been able to eat, and I put on some weight for sure. I kept trying to justify it as being okay because I'm breastfeeding. Even my brother said to me something along the lines of "but you just had a baby". Well, that "baby" is 10 months old now, and as I responded to him "that ship has sailed". I'm tired of the excuses. I'm going to get in shape. Now I'm not going to diet per say. I don't believe in dieting, nor is it really safe to do while breastfeeding, but I do cut some fat/calories and eat healthier. I will also start exercising.

So why am I posting this here? Well, to be honest, I'm hoping that it will motivate me to stay on the right track. Accountability. Hopefully that will help.

2 comments:

Homemade Happenings said...

I know that feeling of "being fat"! It's tough, but I'm sure you'll do it!! Strange coincidence that I was thinking about publishing an updated post about my weight loss tonight.

Good luck!!

Karen said...

Good luck Heather. When I went on the GAPS diet, I was eating whenever I was hungry and eating lots of fats (good kind) and was still losing weight. I've never read this book but it might be worth seeing if your local library has it...it's called Eat Fat, Lose Fat.