Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Daddy's here!

Al arrived very early Saturday morning (just after 2:30). Since he obviously hadn't had much sleep I figured he could sleep late since the kids didn't know he had arrived, but Al couldn't sleep hearing the kids out in the living room so he came on out. Tyler was incredibly excited and Jason was pretty happy. He seemed to remember him. Al and my dad ended up bringing Ty to Lowes for a kid's workshop (they made a pirate ship) while my mom and I brought Jason to some garage sales (I got a toddler bike seat so I could ride with Jason, and later learned it was missing a bracket...grr). After playtime and lunch we all took a nap (yes, all of us). We had intended on going out to dinner, but decided instead to do something a little more low-key and brought a yummy pizza to the beach.



In case you're curious, the necklace on Jason is an amber teething necklace, which is supposed to help with teething pain. I was iffy about putting that necklace on a boy, but it was worth a shot. It's growing on me.

4 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

So glad that Al is back. Can I just say how jealous I am reading about all your beach visits this week!

Karlise said...

I love the necklace on him! Soo cute! I swear by that thing. I just noticed that Bella got all 4 of her canines at the same time! They are just breaking thru. Can you imagine the pain? Owie!

Debbie said...

What a nice way for the boys to wake up in the a.m....seeing their Daddy....And of course for Daddy to hear them playing....I'm sure he was tired, but just as anxious to get up and get to them....

Hill said...

I'm all for the necklace. I mean, it isn't as if he's rummaging through your purse, looking for make-up. That's what Gabe does. Oh, and for the record, I'm jealous of the beach. The best I can manage is a Slip n' Slide.