Monday, July 27, 2009

sunday

For the first time, in probably 10 years, I can report that I actually went to church on Sunday. Right or wrong, I had gotten away from going. I can't say that I'm entirely comfortable with the idea of going to church, but Tyler had been asking to go ever since he went to VBS a few weeks ago, and really who can deny a child ASKING to go to church? Even though I might not necessarily agree with all aspects of organized religion, I think that I benefitted from going to church as a child. I do think it aided in the work my parents had done to raise us with good morals, knowing right from wrong, etc. Hopefully I can get to a place where I feel like I really want to or need to be there, but for now, like other areas in my life, I'm taking baby steps. And I'm trying to keep my mind open.

I'm happy to report that Tyler loved church and sunday school, as expected. My parents came along with us/me, which I think I needed. Jason survived maybe 20 minutes in the nursery before he freaked out.

After a trip to the Bagel Deli for lunch myself and the boys met my mother-in-law and step-father-in-law at their community pool. My neice was there and Tyler had a great time playing in the pool. Jason had a good time as well, and it was pretty nice there, despite the heat (it was as hot in NJ yesterday as it was in FL!).

After dinner we went (with my parents) to my grandparents house. Tyler had been itching to see them, so we went for a short visit. Oh, Jason learned to throw a ball. Or at least it seemed. He did it over and over again and was pretty proud of himself.

No comments: