Wednesday, July 8, 2009

shower time!

On Saturday the day we had preparing for was finally here (frankly it came quicker than I anticipated). I left Tyler with my dad and went over to Tracy's mom's house to help set up. I came back later to get ready, leaving BOTH boys with my dad.

Tracy seemed to be surprised by the shower, in fact she showed up late and she appeared to be quite shocked. I was happy to see that. The shower went well. Our friend Kristen even got to come to the shower via Skype, and showed off her new baby girl!





Twice I checked on the boys and they were doing well. Jason napped on my dad's chest for about 2 hours and then they hit the beach a bit later on. So my dad survived BOTH boys for almost 5 hours! In fact when I showed up he screached and crawled toward me, and then he got distracted by a stick on the ground. Apparently he didn't even miss me too much. I was so happy to see this. My dad was a total lifesaver.

That night was Tracy's bachelorette party, but I couldn't chance leaving the boys alone and I didn't go. It was also the 4th of July, and it seemed wrong to leave them. We didn't end up doing anything traditional to celebrate. Tyler's fear of fireworks seemed to nix any celebrations. We did go to my grandparents house for some yummy dessert though!

No comments: