Friday, July 24, 2009

some things never change

On Monday I met my friend Amy at the beach so the kids could play and the adults could chat. I've known Amy probably since we were 5 (when I started Medford Lakes summer camp) but defintely by the time I was in 2nd grade (when I officially moved here). Amy and I have had tons of fun times together, many of those times spent right here in our hometown at this very beach. Amy was always an adventure seeker, but also had a soft spot for animals. You could often find Amy climbing trees or wading through water to get to or rescue an animal in need. Anyway, so the kids played and then Tyler had his swim lessons so Amy took her two little ones out in the kayak to explore. After his lesson I finally see Amy coming from across the lake, slowly via kayak. Turns out she had rescued an injured turtle and was trying to carry it with one hand and paddle with the other. I swear I could have very well lived this exact scene 20 years ago. Some things never change.



BTW, an animal rescue center took the injured turtle.

1 comment:

PatrĂ­cia Marques said...

Oh my gosh your kids are so lovely *.* And congratulations on the blog