Tuesday, July 28, 2009

another busy week, and some this and that

On Sunday at church we learned that their Vacation Bible School was this week. Of course immediately Tyler wanted to attend. So this week, Monday-Thursday from 9:30-12:00 Tyler is at VBS. It's a really cute program and Tyler is having a ball. Meanwhile I've been able to institute naptime in the crib for Jason. It's not fun. Lots of crying and not much napping (most times he screams for 30 minutes and then falls asleep for 20, but I guess it's better than nothing).

Speaking of sleeping, Jason is continuing to spend the night in his crib, but still wakes often. Tonight it only took him a few minutes to fall asleep, with very very minimal crying. He was VERY tired though, which usually backfires on me, but I suppose it helped tonight.

So, is 4 years old too early for boot camp? Tyler may be in need. The attitude has just been out of control. It seems to coincide with sugar, which everyone tells me is not possible, but seems to be more than coincidence in our case. I'm about to institute an all out ban on sugary substances. If that doesn't help, boot camp.

Al is still in NC. He has been VERY busy. Although I struggle with my decision, I'm currently pretty happy that I'm here and not in NC with him. He's usually not back from work until 11:00pm or later. He comes home and goes to bed. Then he gets up again and does it all over again the next day. He's lucky if he even gets to talk to the boys a couple of times a week. He usually is in training on the weekend too. So if I were there, I'd be all alone all day long. No family, and no husband around. He can't even have his cell phone on him most of the time. Ugh.

Like I said, I'm happy I'm here. But I miss my stuff. I miss having a place for everything. Oddly enough, I mostly miss Jason's bedroom. I think I didn't get enough use of his bedroom before I left (considering he spent most of the time in our bed). I'll be happy to see his nursery all set up again. Well, now that I think of it, I miss Tyler's bedroom too. The more I think of it, I guess I do miss the house, as much as I hated Florida at times. I miss having my family together.

Diverting...so, the Moorestown Mall is horrible. First off, no JcPenney's. Instead, Lord and Taylor, which I can't afford, and Boscovs, which just plain stinks. I tried to take Tyler school shopping today. Ended up with a few things for myself from NY&Co. Nothing too fun. Waste of time. At least our evening ended with Chick-Fil-A, which is always good. Oh, Jason ate 3/4 of a stage 2 jar of babyfood while we were there, which is the most he's ever eaten!

My parents are in A.C. for the evening. I'm bored. Can you tell?

2 comments:

Homemade Happenings said...

I have to say...sugar is a DIRECT culprit of poor behavior!! On the positive side, with all the work you had to do with your diet for nursing, I'm sure you can figure out the evil in Tyler's foods! We are still ahving trouble pin-pointing the exact foods that trigger Ella's moods, but that's only due to our inconsistencies :(
We'll get it eventually! Good luck to you!!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I agree that sugar = acting up no matter what the "experts say". We also have been having HUGE behaviour issues. Morgan's resorted back to hitting. I think some of it is the anticipation of starting Kindergarten. That and the sugar.