Monday, July 20, 2009

oh my, I may just catch up!

Hmm, let's see. On Sunday the boys and I met Al's mom and stepdad at the lake for a little swim and play. Tyler showed off his skills while Jason banged on a bucket and stared at sand and feathers. Both of my kids LOVE the beach.

We came home for a late lunch and rest (for everyone). Later on we met my parents for dinner. We THOUGHT we were going to Salad Works. Lo and behold it turns out that Salad Works closes at 5:00 on Sundays. What? Stupidest thing I've ever heard of. So we were forced to go somewhere else and were pleasantly surprised by the little italian food joint we ended up at. Tyler still wanted a salad, which is exactly what he got and proclaimed "this is even better than salad works". Jason gnawed on a roll, and actually ate a decent amount of it! From there it was off to Freedom Park for some playtime before bed.

Today is Monday. So far I've done some cleaning/organizing. Tyler has watched too much TV. Jason has emptied out various containers, attempted to steal Tyler's art supplies, and escaped the room numerous times. Just your typical day. No camp (as he already "graduated"), just swim lessons. I might meet up with a friend at the beach too.

So, there, I'm all caught up, for once. Can you believe it?

1 comment:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Catching up on everyone's posts and it looks like you guys are having a great summer. You are creating such wonderful memories for the boys!