Friday, July 24, 2009

another atlantic city day

On Monday, after the beach, my parents and I took the boys to Atlantic City. My mom had another free room (actually for 2 nights in a row) so we packed up the car and decided to head down for a little vacation. In actuality I decided perhaps it would be easier to pack for a stay on the moon. Goodness, 2 kids in a hotel near the beach requires a ton of crap!

We got there and had a nice dinner at the buffet in Showboat. Tyler had a similar dinner to the last time, and Jason nibbled on a few bits of pasta and roll. We had intended on going to the beach afterwards, but it was a little cloudy and was getting chilly so we convinced Tyler to head onto the boardwalk to finally get his pet hermit crab (we had promised him a fish when he got to NJ, but he recently decided on a hermit crab instead).

Jason was fascinated with the seagulls and spent lots of time shrieking at them.

We got lucky and hit a little stunt show, involving a motorcycle in a globe of sorts. Both boys loved it. I wondered what type of woman allows their husband to circle their body with the motorcycle inside a caged globe. Hmm???


Then we hit a few rides, of course!

Then it was hermit crab time. Tyler picked out a fascinating specimen. I believe it may be a geisha girl that is painted on the shell. He just thought it was colorful. He has named him oatmeal. Then he changed it to shiley. Now it is affectionately "hermie", which is what he named his hermit crab 2 summers ago.



The night in the hotel left much to be desired. For one, it was totally a smoking room. Them removing the ash tray and spraying water on the floor upon our questioning does not now constitute it being a non-smoking room. Tyler couldn't settle down and Jason decided he didn't' need to sleep in his pack-n-play that my dad begrudgingly drug through the parking garage to the hotel. I don't think either boy was asleep before 10:30. After that none of the adults got very much sleep, due to a frequently waking baby. Ugh. Lesson learned.

Unfortunately Tuesday brought some crappy weather. I did leave Jason with my parents so I could take a walk on the boardwalk with Tyler, since he was pretty sad about us abandoning our plans. Of course our walk ended up on the beach and with a pocket full of mussel shells in my hoodie.



So we head home shortly thereafter.

No comments: