Tuesday, March 3, 2009

sickies

The house is sick. It stinks.

Before I fill you in, let me first just state that I'm so happy to report that my mom got her results back and they confirmed that they were successful in removing ALL of the cancer. Yipee!!!!

Back to my current reality. The flu sucks. Tyler got a fever Friday. He was complaining that his tummy was hurting and was having some potty issues. By Friday night Jason was running a low fever and was fussy. By Saturday both boys had fevers, and Jason's had gotten pretty high. I felt pretty crappy too, but not "sick" per say. By Sunday Tyler's fever was gone and he was mostly okay, but Jason had taken a turn for the worse and was vomiting and running high fevers. I brought him to the pediatrician on Monday and they ruled out RSV, but he tested positive for the flu (I didn't even know they could test for the flu)! Oh, and he weighs 18lbs6oz...whoa!! He's still vomiting and running fevers, but for now the most I can do is treat the fever and try to keep the congestion at a minimum. She said that this particular flu strain comes with high fever for many days, accompanied by lots of mucus and congestion (which is likely what is causing his vomiting). He doesn't want me away from his side (hence my lack of ability to blog, or, do ANYTHING). Fun stuff.

I'm extremely thankful that the rest of us had gotten flu shots, or else I fear that we would all be VERY sick right now. The doctor stated that this flu strain is very bad, so I'd like to think that my milk (and flu shot) provided some sort of immunity to him or else he would have been worse (Jason's too young for the flu shot).

Oh, and in other news to report, we're moving! Al got his orders and we're leaving here the end of May or beginning of June. We'll eventually be stationed in North Carolina, but he has some training to do first, so I'll be heading (with the boys) to NJ for at least the summer. I imagine there will be many happy grandparents in New Jersey!

Jason pre-illness (sporting and adorable wool set from my friend Andrea)

And during-illness (sleep is for the weak)

4 comments:

Homemade Happenings said...

Poor baby!! Yet he still manages to look adorable! I can't believe how big he is!!

Unknown said...

And HAPPY Cousins too... Hope you all feel better soon

Anonymous said...

Oh man! :( The flu bites. I'm sorry you guys have been dealing with that.

On the bright side Jason does look just adorable in his new woolies!

Melodie said...

Jason's symptoms sound pretty similar to what we've been experiencing around here. None of us got our flu shots this year. I usually get mine at my asthma doctor's office, but I was sick everytime I went in there, so they wouldn't give it to me.