Tuesday, March 24, 2009

small updates

Nothing to exciting going on in our household these days. Had a rather uneventful weekend. Al did take Tyler to Denny's and Walmart one morning, but the rest of our time was spent on yardwork, cleaning up, Wii Mario Kart, playground, t-ball in the backyard, changing diapers, cooking boring meals, playing cooties, marbles, etc.

As for Jason's "allergies" (or whatever you want to call them), I'm perplexed. Taking back out the wheat didn't seem to do too much. His spitting up and nasty diapers continued. However, his congestion is gone, as is the blood in the stool. Being that we didn't have total success with just the removal of wheat, I did decide to experiment by removing corn too. I don't think he's truly allergic to corn but perhaps sensitive to it(as I said, no blood and congestion) but it can't hurt to give it a try. I'm really looking forward to seeing a good diaper again and a spit-up free man. I'll give it a few days before I report (just started yesterday). Meanwhile, I challenge you to go into your pantries and try to find some sort of food without dairy, soy, wheat, eggs, nuts, or corn products. Trust me, it's tough. If you find something, feel free to let me know. I've been surviving on 100% juice, meats, fruits, veggies, rice milk, and oatmeal. I would LOVE to add something back in.

Like I said, boring weekend. Al did manage to put Jason to sleep himself. I'd say that's good, considering I can't do it without feeding him.

The little man has been quite active these days. He loves to scoot around on the floor. I still can't say for certain whether it's purposeful, but he does manage to get places slowly but surely. The other day I put him down for a nap. I came in the room, not even realizing he had woken. I peeked over to my bed and found him lying there, remote in mouth, grinning ear to ear.

He's been trying for a while to reach his feet. That big belly gets in the way.

This weekend he had success!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

How cute are those belly rolls?