Friday, March 13, 2009

I want my bed back!

Tyler was a crib boy. Just that simple. Never spent a night in our bed, and he preferred it that way. I never thought I'd have a baby in my bed. I'm not against it, just didn't really think it was our thing. That being said, Jason is 100% attached to me...and I do mean literally.

I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a while so he night before last I decided I would try to at least get him into his pac-n-play. After he fell asleep I picked him up and transferred him. He promply woke up and happily kicked his feet in the pac-n-play. This was around 12:45am. He did this until after 1:00, but never made a noise so I didn't move him. Then he started fussing. I let him fuss for maybe 2-3 minutes until he started crying, and then I moved him back into bed with me. Apparently this was a horrible injustice and he punished me by being awake for the next 2 hours.

Last night I figured I was not going to make the same mistake. Apparently though the effects of my horrible choice were carried over to the next night, because although I didn't do anything differently than I normally do, he decided to wake up and try to talk to me from about 1:00 until maybe 2:30. In order to avoid laughing at him or playing ('cause I realize this would become a habit) I got out of bed and got on the computer. He never cried, he just didn't want to sleep. So in other words, he had OUR whole bed to HIMSELF!

In a somewhat related rant, which do you think would be more appropriate: a) muzzling my 4-year-old or b) putting earplugs in my 5-month-old. Jason CAN NOT nurse while Tyler is in ear-shot. He's highly distractible, and if you've met Tyler you'd realize that he's highly talkative. Not a good combo. LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh hugs to you Heather! I'm thinking to myself, did I go through that? Oh, yes! I did! But it's like somehow my brain goes into this protective mode and I forget about it! Jason will figure it out soon enough. ((hugs))

I relate too about nursing. Liam got to that stage and wouldn't nurse either. I'd literally have to go into a darkened room so he'd be less distracted. Ha!

Melodie said...

Ear plugs. There's just no shutting Tyler up. Katie's the same way.