Thursday, March 19, 2009

go figure (updated with pictures)

I swear that I'll never understand Tyler. Never.

Last night Tyler was very excited about 2 events happening today. Class picture day and the start of t-ball. He can have a great deal of anxiety about things, but these things he seemed genuinly excited about.

We got to school and he had a royal meltdown over pictures. I never forced him to do them, yet I had a screaming child clinging to me begging me not to make him do it. He was petrified. Seemingly of nothing.

So as you could imagine I was less than enthused about t-ball tonight, being that I could sense his anxiety starting to creep up as he asked probably 20 "what if" questions related to his fears.

Much to my surpise, he LOVED it. I think it helped that it was outdoors with some his playgroup friends. It wasn't an intimidating situation (from what I could tell) and he was cooperative and seemed to really enjoy himself. And he was VERY proud of himself. Makes me happy.

Finally, blogger is letting me add the pictures!





1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You just never know that is going to set them off! I bet he was super cute with the t-ball! Can't wait for pics!