Wednesday, March 25, 2009

6 months!

I can hardly believe it. My baby boy is 6 months old! Where has the time gone? It's been a long road, full of ups and downs, but it's been rewarding and so totally worth it. I can't imagine life before him.

As Tyler pointed out "he's too young to have cake", but he did have some rice cereal. It's been probably over a month since he's had any "solid" food, but he really should probably start eating some, so I figured I'd give it a try. He didn't have trouble with the rice before and I drink rice milk all the time.




In case your curious, I've decided that maybe his diapers are just odd. I'm not going to overwhelm myself with keeping out corn. He has his 6 month appointmnet in 8 days, so we'll see what they have to say as to what is "normal" and what is not. Hopefully with any luck we'll get to keep breastfeeding and maybe eventually I'll be able to eat again! Speaking of breastfeeding, I'm so proud of myself. I made it to 6 months. We all remember how well I did with new year's resolutions (ha, ha), so I'm thrilled that I made it this far. My other two "goals" (if you can call them that) was to wear him more and to use cloth diapers. Success all around!

4 comments:

Karlise said...

Happy half year birthday to him! You're obviously doing something right bc that boy isn't starving! LOL He's such a cutie!

Debbie said...

He just so cute and sooooo happy! Happy 1/2 BD!!!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Happy six months! He's such a happy kiddo.

jamielblev said...

I'm so proud you made it to 6 months! I know it's been a tough roller coaster ride for you. He is absolutely adorable and he's growing so much so fast. You are such a great mom!