Thursday, March 19, 2009

the never-ending guessing game

So, like I said, I got rid of the wheat...and the chocolate...and the egg.

However, I literally had eaten nothing but oatmeal and a pear yesterday and was starting to get dizzy and nauseous, so I had Captain Crunch as I was preparing dinner (I was afraid I was gonna pass out while I was waiting). It has corn, and since apparently corn is a very rare allergy (not even listed as a top allergen), I figured I'd be safe. I also had fritos last night (also corn obviously).

Jason's diapers, although they had been returning to normal, are a mess again (no blood though). Spitting up has decreased and he slept better last night. He's still fussy though. So, it this point it's a waiting game, and a guessing game. If I don't see improvement by Saturday I think I guess I'll have to take corn back out too. That's not fun. Corn is in so much (think high fructose corn syrup, most cereals, cornmeal, cornstarch, anything with baking soda apparently, etc). Wish us luck!

In the meantime, Jason's 6-month "well baby" appointment has been scheduled for April 3rd. Can you believe my baby will be 6 months old in 6 days?!?!

2 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Wow. I admire your stick-to-it-ness. Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed it's not corn.

Tiffany said...

I am so impressed with all you have done to make this work! I don't know that I could have done it. I canNOT believe Jason is approaching six months! Where has the time gone?