Friday, February 27, 2009

blah!

Jason, my dear Jason, why do you test me this way? Wednesday Jason woke up and had a very nasty diaper. I'll try not to give you too many details, but it wasn't pretty and involved blood, and was a fairly good sign that something was bothering him. Again. Was it the oatmeal cereal he ate the night before, was it the increase in soy I've been eating? I'll spare you the thousands of theories that I have had, but I'll just leave you with my conclusion. For the health and wellness for myself and Jason, I am going on a very strict all-natural health diet. Some people think I'm crazy (including myself at times) but I figure there are worse things in life than eating healthy. Absolutely no dairy/milk, nuts, soy, wheat, eggs, or fish. There may be something else too, but I can't remember. All I do know is that it essentially leaves me with plain meat, some veggies, fruit, and rice. Fun, huh? I'll gradually at in the other foods to tease out what is bothering him, but I've had enough of the bloody diapers, the fussiness, increased spit-up, etc. I KNOW that dairy bothers him, and I guess we'll find out what else.

Moving on..

Wednesday, speaking of moving, we found out that Al finally got his orders. He'll be leaving here the end of May for "jump school" (aka: learning to jump out of planes) in GA for 3-4 weeks. I'll likely stay here with the boys until Tyler finishes up school then I'm heading to my parents. After jump school Al will go to our new base in NC for 6 months of training. We've pretty much decided that, most likely, I will stay at my parents that whole time. We want to make sure he passes the training before we uproot our whole family. Not to mention that we want to be 100% sure of the neighborhood we want to live in. Plus it will be nice to save up a little cash being that we'll need a nice down payment for a house since we absolutely can't sell our house here (values went down WAY lower than what we paid). It will also give us time to hopefully get a renter in our place to show a rental history so we can qualify for a mortgage again. Fun stuff, huh? So it looks like my little guy will start Kindergarten in NJ. We're a bunch of emotions here. Al is anxious about this move (related to work) and he's upset about us leaving. I'm excited, really excited, about going back to NJ, but it's always an adjustment moving into someone's house. Plus, the boys will have to adjust to life without daddy, which isn't very fair.

Anyway, I've rambled enough. I should probably get to bed. I'm starting off this weekend with two sick kiddos (just fevers, that I know of, so far) and a sore throat myself. Could be fun!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Is there a reason for giving up fish? It is very healthy and as far as allergies, I believe it is shellfish that you have to worry about. Oh, and the eggs...after you go on this strict diet, I would try to introduce eggs again to see if he has a reaction. If not, they are one of the most nourishing foods available. Good luck to you Heather. I don't think you are crazy and I think you are a wonderful mother for giving it a try. If you need any help with ideas for meals, let me know. I have a pretty good almond flour pancake recipe. Almonds and pecans are the two "nut" that are least likely to cause allergies. As with anything, you would have to test before you start eating them everyday.

Heather said...

Yep, just shellfish. Will still eat other fish. Eggs are the first I plan to reintroduce.

Thanks for the help and words of encouragement Karen!

Working Mama said...

Hi Heather - you will do great. It's just an adjustment like anything else. If you can live the military life than you CAN eat this way! I can recommend some things too if you are interested. Other than eggs & shellfish, we avoided everything you just listed and we have survived! That's great that you'll be able to transition into your folks house while Al is getting through jump school, etc. I am sure Wendy can help with neighborhoods too!