Monday, February 9, 2009

Love is in the air

Well, it's now officially 5 days until Valentine's Day. A few days ago we took out our "decorations". When I say decorations, I mean a small assortment of cheesy stuff, but it makes Tyler very happy.

On Friday we baked up some yummy Valentine's cookies, courtesy of Pillsbury of course. My stay-at-home-mom skills are still in just survival mode, not bake-something-beautiful-from-scratch mode! LOL.

On Saturday Tyler actually agreed to let me take Valentine's Day photos. Then I realized that I didn't think we had Valentine's Day outfits, so a red (and white and blue) theme will have to do!




I had planned on ending this post with a request to keep your fingers crossed that Al would make it home before Valentine's Day. As you might know, he was scheduled to be back about a week ago, and then was saying that he should be home by Valentine's Day. In the midst of me posting this he called. Although I'm thrilled I got to hear from him (and he FINALLY got to have a conversation with Tyler), he is very frustrated with how things are going and will most likely not be home before the big day. I did tell him though that he likely won't be missing much...a family date to a restaurant, accompanied by a likely crying nursling and a 4-year-old whining for french fries. Not necessarily the most romantic scene you could imagine. At least I got a laugh out of him!

So, here's to love. Whether the romantic kind or the kind you experience when you look into the eyes of your sweet innocent baby, or get an unexpected hug from your growing-way-too-fast 4-year-old. Love is all around us.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey Heather,

I enjoy reading your blog. I love hearing the stories of being a SAHM to two busy beautiful boys while your DH is away protecting our country. I am sorry Al will not be home in time for V-Day but as you said love is in the eyes of our babies and growing way too fast 4 year olds.

~Brooke *blakesmommy2004* old Webmd Friend~

Karen said...

Loved the pictures! They turned out great!

Melodie said...

Those are great Valentine's pictures! You don't need hearts for Valentine's Day.