Tuesday, February 17, 2009

feeling very thankful

Lots of good stuff to report....

Yesterday Al made it back home! His supposed 1-2 week trip to Afghanistan, which turned into a 4 week trip to Afghanistan, finally came to an end. We were all very happy to have him home! Tyler literally ran full force into his arms, nearly knocking him over. Jason wasn't sure what to think, the little lip went down into a sad face, and then he changed tunes and has been nothing but smiles for him ever since. Daddy is busy catching up with his boys. Thankfully they let him have the day off today. Tyler and Al took advantage of this and had a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese after school, which of course was Tyler's request. Jason has been busy showing his daddy how he roles, bounces in his doorway bouncer, chews on fingers, and laughs.

Today my mom had her surgery. I am beyond happy to report that the initial tests indicate that they don't believe the cancer has spread at all. They did remove the tissue around the cancerous mole, which then required a skin graft. She is recovering in the hospital and we are all breathing a huge sigh of relief. They do still need to run some more tests of the lymph nodes to confirm that there has been no further spread, but for now we're thrilled!

As you can see, I have much to be thankful for. I didn't think today could get much better, but then I got my mail. My friend Andrea mailed me some outgrown stuff from her youngest...some cloth diapers, accessories, and Jason's very first piece of wool. Wahoo!

Oh happy day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful day full of the best ever news Heather! I'm so glad your mom's initial findings look great - I'll keep her in my thoughts. Welcome home Al! And yay for fluff mail! :) I hope everything fits!

jamielblev said...

Such wonderful news!!!! YAY!!! I am sooooooo glad Al is home and your mom is doing well.

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

What good news all around! Enjoy your happy news day.

Melodie said...

Great news all around!

Hill said...

I'm SO glad to hear about Al AND your mom! I've been thinking about you guys! Okay, and how do you find these cool backgrounds for your page? Mine is so darn boring!