Thursday, August 28, 2008

You know you are a stay-at-home-mom when....

you find it to be a real pleasure to go to the OB/GYN without a child in tow! Today was my first OB/GYN appointment since getting pregnant that I've attended without my little man, and I must say, it was nice. Sad, huh? Even sadder was the fact that I was slightly excited that I was getting surprise blood work done, because it made me appreciate the lack of his presence even more.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tyler to death, but sometimes it's nice to not have a constant commentary of what is going on at the moment. Or the zillion questions.

Yea for preschool! It's a good time to get all those appointments over and done with. Of course in 4 weeks (yes, 4 weeks) I'll be back to carrying an infant seat with me everywhere I go!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

FOUR WEEKS!!! You and Al had better get working on finding a name for Baby Bean pronto.

Working Mama said...

Ah yes, it's the little things we so appreciate when you are basically the sole day-to-day caretaker (i.e. when you have hubbies that are either out of town or work long hours!) of the small people. Think of the solo gyn appt as a special little gift! LOL!