Thursday, August 7, 2008

Isn't it ironic?

Tomorrow at 10:00am I have an appointment for Tyler to get his 4th birthday pictures done at Sears. I was gonna see, if they had time, if they could fit me in for a maternity shoot. If not I was gonna schedule one ASAP. I always wish I had done that when I was pregnant with Tyler, so I decided to ignore my insecurities and promised myself I'd do it this time around, even though I don't look as ideal as I'd like to.

So, it figures that I think I've spotted my first stretch marks just a few hours ago!!! Don't shoot me, but I never have had one before so I'm not positive. Do they start out as really thin, deep red/purple, lines on your belly? I figured they'd be wider, but maybe they widen over time?

For your benefit, I do NOT have a photo to go with this blog post.

Ah, this child is giving me a rough time, huh? I'll be sure to remind him of this when he gets older! LOL! In the meantime I'm gonna go lie down and focus on the positive...those cute little hiccups he gets almost nightly.

2 comments:

Karen said...

yep, sounds like a stretch mark. Good news is they can probably touch it up in the picture so you can't even see it.

Melodie said...

Sounds about right. Lucky for me, the only place I got stretch marks is on my butt and hips. I got them with Sarah, and never got anymore with Emily or Katie.
If it's only a tiny little one, you should be able to cover it up with make-up or have them retouch it on the photo.