Sunday, August 31, 2008

My shopping helper

No, not Tyler. Al has decided to "help" me tonight by grocery shopping. Truth be told, we only really need things for barbecuing tomorrow, which is what HE wants to do, but regardless it was nice that he offered to go and then pick up the few things on the list that I have. Here is a record of the conversations from Walmart (abbreviated to limit your boredom...well, if you really want to limit your boredom, you might want to skip this whole post).

Phone call 1 from Walmart:
Al: What kind of burgers do we buy? I'm looking at them and I don't know which we get.
Me: Whatever looks good to you. I usually get the black angus ones with cheddar and bacon.
Al: Those sound good. Where are they?
Me: With the rest of the burgers.
Al: Well I don't see them.
Me: Okay, so get something else that looks good.

Phone call 2 from Walmart:
Al: Where are pickles?
Me: In the refrigerated section along the wall.
Al: Not the yucky ones. I already found those in condiments.
Me: Yes, I know you only like Claussen. They are in the refrigerated section along the wall.
Al: Ugh, I was just there. Ummm, lets see....I'm passing hotdogs. Are they coming up soon?

Phone call 3 from Walmart:
Al: What about bagels?
Me: On that same wall as the pickles, just further down closer to the eggs.
Al: Seriously? I just came from there. This carrier thing is getting heavy. Hold on, I'm walking there.
Me: Umm, okay (apparently I must stay on the phone until bagels have been located).
Al: Where is the weed killer?
Me: Back in home and garden, yes, completely on the other side of the store.
Al: Ugh, I have to bring all this frozen stuff all the way over there? (as if he expects me to say no???????)
Me: Well normal people buy that stuff BEFORE they get their frozen and refrigerated foods.
Al: Oh, I didn't know that. (yes, he seriously said that).

I can't wait for the next call. LOL.

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a seriously distracted husband at the store - Don is clueless on how to shop or where things are. I made out a list while I was sick - I had to literally spell out on the list where the items were (b/c he wouldn't call me, he'd just say "they weren't there"). I practically had a map on the shopping list! He still didn't go!

Mommyof2Boys said...

LOL I love it !

I laughed at the part where he said "are they coming up"

HAHA Too funny !

Melodie said...

Thankfully, Phil is a pro at grocery shopping. However, being the pro that he is, he always complains about how Walmart has their frozen stuff at the back of the store because it's the first part of the grocery section you come to if you start with all of the non-grocery items on your shopping list. He says they should put it up front by the produce so that it is the last section you come to before you get up to the check-out aisles.
BTW, Phil worked for Publix for ten years.

Holly said...

LOL!

Ever since we've had kids Bruce does most of the grocery shopping. He usually stops on his way home from work.