Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Disney Day #3

Luckily the birthday boy slept in a little on Sunday, which was a nice treat. I had hoped he'd sleep in a little because I was beat from the Magic Kindgom on Saturday and Tyler had been up past 11:00pm! Anyway, he awoke as a 4 year old. He claims he didn't feel any different, although he did add "I don't fink I feel any different. Do I wear different size clothes?". LOL.

We had breakfast in the hotel and then packed up and checked out before heading to Blizzard Beach. There were no clouds or rain, which of course meant it was blazing hot, but it was nice to finally see the sun even though I might not have survived if it weren't for the water.

Tyler got to see Goofy (again) before heading into Tykes Peak for the water slides. I swear he could have spent HOURS in that toddler section with the little slides, but he did eventually branch out to the slightly larger slides. He was tempted by the water tube slide, but couldn't get up the courage. He did do one of the larger kids slides and got stuck midway and freaked out, so I was just happy he even agreed to get back on the slides at all! He had a ball and absolutely refused to even leave that area of the park. He never saw the beach or anything. LOL! Luckily Al and I got a trip around the lazy river though (while my parents watched Tyler) before heading home.

Apparently we left just in time, because it started raining not long after we hit the road. As promised, we hit Cracker Barrel for dinner on the way home, as per Tyler's request.

All in all, great birthday weekend!





3 comments:

Working Mama said...

What a delicious sundae he's eating! Yum! You are one great Mommy!

Karlise said...

That looks like fun! We've never been to BB, maybe we should!

Melodie said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend despite the rain.