Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer's coming to an end!

Yesterday we had an "end of the year" play date at the springs. We had a little potluck brunch and the kids played on the playground and then did some little school-related relay races. Tyler thought this was great fun.
Then we all spent some time playing around in the water. I enjoyed myself...well, as much as a pregnant person with extreme swelling can. By the time I got home I could barely make a fist because my hands were so swollen!
It made me so sad to realize that any weekday morning events aren't going to include Tyler anymore. He'll be starting preschool on Monday and I won't have my little man around in the AM. The morning was always our time. Probably because the afternoon heat and I don't mix, but the AM was when we hit the library, the playground, zoo, beach, errands, etc. The afternoons are usually more difficult for me, between "nap" time, the heat, and the afternoon traffic.

Yep, so as I said, school starts Monday. Last night was the "open house" at Tyler's preschool. Al was able to come along and he was incredibly impressed with the actual school, the staff, and program. I had half expected Tyler to be shy and cling to us, but after a few minutes he was off and playing with the kids. He seemed to like his teacher as well, so I'm trying to be optimistic and hope for a tear-free (or at least a minimally tearful) first day!

My baby is growing up. So bittersweet.

Can someone inform the weather gods that school opening is supposed to signify the coming of cool weather? That would be nice. Thank you!

No comments: