Friday, February 12, 2010

whoa, snow

On Friday night we got a storm. A big storm. A storm of epic proportion that didn't end until Saturday night. 28.5 inches fell in Philadelphia, making it the second largest storm they ever had. We didn't get quite as much here (less than an hour away) at approximately 2 feet. Either way, it was a BIG storm. It brought with it blizzard conditions and lots of power outages, luckily NOT at our house.

Oh, and this was the ONLY winter on record that had more than 2 storms with 20+ inches in this area.

Luckily it was a lighter fluffier snow. Very fun for Tyler to play in. I didn't bother taking Jason out as he probably would have just sunk. LOL.

It wasn't as fun for my dad, who did the majority of shoveling. I did help him some at our house and together we shovelled out my grandparents, but boy did it make me thankful that I'm not single and living alone!

Speaking of my grandparents, if you know them you will appreciate this story. My grandfather was NOT happy that myself and my dad were shoveling for him. He'd like to live in denial over the fact that he's 86 and should not be shoveling 2 feet of snow. He begrudgingly watched from the front door, but not before announcing that "for god sakes, your a nursing mother" when requesting me to stop shoveling. That was then followed by my grandmother yelling (in a shocked tone) "Bob, you just announced that to the whole neighborhood". LOL.








No comments: