Thursday, February 18, 2010

valentine's day weekend

Saturday passed by without incident. To be honest, not really sure what happened. Hmm???

I hadn't been looking forward to Valentine's Day, my first single Valentine's Day in a VERY, VERY long time. Luckily it was a busy day and it was pleasant, so I was happy. Started off the day with presents for my 2 little valentine's. Later got surprised with a valentine's day card and presents from them (courtesy of my mom of course). Played in the afternoon before having company that evening. My grandparents were due to head south for the winter (a very late start for them) and we still had yet to celebrate my grandfather's 86th birthday due to illness. We had a nice gathering with them and my brother Jim, Cara, and Aiden. Tyler was a little emotional, claiming quite often that he missed daddy, but otherwise it went off without a hitch.





On Monday I had offered to watch Beth's kiddos, so I brought the boys over there. I had been a little worried how the babies would do, Jason without a nap, and Olivia without her mommy. Well, my worries were unwarranted, because the babies did fine. It was the 2 older ones (Ty and Mackenzie) who were bickering the whole time! They held it together though and we all survived!




From there it was off for a quick visit to Al's mom and John. They had valentine's day treats for the boys and we hadn't managed to get over there the day prior. Boys had a good time, so that was nice.

No comments: