Thursday, February 18, 2010

hello sugar high

Yesterday Tyler came bounding out of school, announcing that they had had a birthday party for his teacher, complete with "a cupcake with icing and spriiiiinkles" and "cookies...not just cookie mommy, but cookieeeesssssssss"...all said with devilish laughing grin.

After the high finally wore off it was time to head to pump-it-up for my friend Amy's daughter Joey's 4th birthday party. It was a very late party night for us, but the boys had fun. Jason desperately wanted to play with the big kids, but luckily I was able to entertain him and eventually bribe him with food. Tyler of course had a ball. The party ended with pink-iced cupcakes and juice boxes and it was home for bedtime. The boys weren't in bed until 9:20 on a school night!!





Oddly enough Tyler ended up with red swollen eyes again. I'm not sure if I had mentioned it, but he kept getting this during the course of his antibiotic. At the time I had been worried that he was havign a reaction to the antibiotic itself like he had to amoxicillin, but it never developed worse than puffiness and redness around the eyes. Well, after the medicine stopped it never came back until last night. So now I'm wondering if it were all due to the red dye. This might all be in my head, but it's the only explanation I've got for now. Odd kiddo.

I was hoping I was going to get to sleep in late this morning since they were both up so late, but instead Jason was up at 4:50, nursed, and was only back down until 5:40, waking up extra cranky. Yea for me. Ty, on the other hand, had to be woken at 7:45 in order to quick dress him, feed him, and send him off to school. For the first time EVER, he announced "Mommy, can I please just sleep another hour". Go figure!

No comments: