Friday, February 19, 2010

they're growing up...or not

The other day Tyler was getting dressed and announced that his jeans didn't fit. We tried on another pair and the same thing happened. After the 3rd (and final) pair of jeans didn't fit, he had to resort to some newer corduroys. Apparently he had a bit of a growth spurt and officially grew out of his 4T jeans. So today we decided to go to the mall to get some new pants and hopefully some new shirts. The sales sucked, but we did manage to get some jeans. I assumed he had finally grown into a size 5, but it appears that my little munchkin fits perfectly in a carpenter-style size 4 pair of jeans from The Children's Place. So, I thought he was finally catching up to the normal size for his age, but not. He is in fact growing though! Here he is walking in the mall carrying the shopping bag, while sporting his brand new hair cut (courtesy of my dad last night).

While there we ate lunch and then got a pretzel at Auntie Anne's. You should have heard Jason screeching and frantically signing "please" when he spotted that stand in the mall. He may not talk much, but boy does he let you know what he wants!

From there it was off to Chuck-E-Cheese. As part of Ty's new behavior plan I decided to implement a reward if he's had good behavior all week, such as a movie night, playdate, etc. Well I offered Chuck-E-Cheese because it was right next to the mall (not to mention that it would hopefully guarantee good behavior while at the mall). I had a coupon, so an hour of play time cost me about $3.50 in tokens. Not too bad. Plus we left with a plastic frog, lollipop, mini tic-tac-toe and sticker sheet as prizes. Bonus.


Came home and relaxed with dinner and a short movie before bed. Also discovered that the little man has yet another new tooth. Bottom right, right next to the center teeth. Here is is after coercing my dad into showing him youtube videos. He still fits right in the crook of his arm there...looks so little to me.

Speaking of youtube, I have a confession: I allow Jason to watch youtube videos on my iphone while I change poopy diapers. It's easier on all of us. For the record, Laurie Berkner is his current favorite.

No comments: