Saturday, February 20, 2010

someday

Someday I'll become an Occupational Therapist again. Today is not the day.

Months and months ago (actually back in the summer) I started doing my continuing education so that I could get my national certification renewed again. Shortly before Christmas I finally finished that daunting task, thanks to many nights spent in my bed with laptop and headphones taking online courses. Thankfully the national certification didn't take too long to process, and it arrived in the mail in mid-January.

Almost immediately I got to work to then get my NJ Occupational Therapy license renewed, as this was the next necessary step in what would be required to legally practice OT again. Well the information on the website was so incredibly vague, so I called for clarification on the fees that would be necessary. I did all the paperwork, got things stamped at the notary, and sent off my check. It took almost a month before I got a phone call that I submitted a check in the wrong amount. Awfully odd considering I specifically had called about this very issue. The woman tells me that I now have a $70 balance. Not having the paperwork in front of me, I just write down the info and address and make a mental note to check the paperwork and send off the check that night. Well, long story short, the woman gave me the wrong current balance AND the wrong address. I'd call to clarify, but I'm afraid that will get me nowhere. So today I sent off hopefully the correct balance to hopefully the correct address. We'll see where that gets me. A very frustrating process.

No comments: