Saturday, June 19, 2010

weekend craziness

Saturday seems so long ago, when in reality it was just a week ago. Not sure what I did that day. I know I waited, hoping I could go meet my new niece, but my sister-in-law wasn't feeling well. That night i snuck out for a shopping trip to obtain a birthday present for a party on Sunday. Ended up getting some running clothes for me and really wanted to get an ice-cream maker. Kinda counter-acts the effects of running, but it would allow me to make some dairy-free treats for Jason. Ended up not getting it. Kicked myself later.

Sunday was our crazy whirlwind day. Started off with an 11:00 birthday party at Chuck. E. Cheese in Burlington for Tyler's friend Ava. Both boys had a great time. And they had some REALLY yummy cupcakes, so that was a highlight for me!


From there it was off to Kohl's to try to get that ice-cream maker I had kicked myself about not getting with my 30% off coupon on Saturday night. No luck.

So then it was off immediately to squeeze in a quick trip to see my newest niece. Olivia Rose is just the cutest little peanut. As you can see from the pictures Jason WAS NOT happy with me holding her...and Tyler was nowhere to be seen because he couldn't be bothered and preferred to play with his cousin Carli. It was a short visit and shared with a few other people, but I was thrilled I finally got to meet her. She's too precious!



After leaving Dottie's house we had about 10 minutes at home to rush to find Ty's t-ball shirt, get dressed and get out the door to t-ball closing ceremonies. At this point it was sprinkling and thundering, so it wasn't looking promising for this event being held at the beach. Due to the last minute time-change as well as the weather they didn't have a great turn-out. The weather ended up clearing though, so the kids had fun getting their trophies, eating, and eventually playing in the water.




While at the t-ball event we got word that the boyscout "campfire" scheduled that evening had been moved indoors due to the impending storms. They ended up having it at Memorial Hall, which was kinda odd. Tyler was holding out for smores, so he was disappointed that he "just sat in chairs and listened". I guess it wasn't the best intro into scouting, but I hope he continues to look forward to going to events and actually getting involved. Oh, and it turns out that we never got the rain at all, other than a few sprinkles afterwards. Go figure.

Home in time for a quick bath and right into bed. Perfection.

No comments: