Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

There have been a few years where Al hasn't been present for Father's Day, but it seems particularly difficult this year. I guess cause I feel to blame since he's not able to be with them. Anyway, without further ado, Happy Father's Day to Al from the boys.



And it wouldn't seem right to not acknowledge the other dads in my life. My own wonderful dad, who has always been there for me as a wonderful provider, a wonderful father, and proof to me that there are truly good husbands and men in this world. Also Happy Father's Day to Al's step-father John, who is a regular part of my boys life now that we're back in NJ. And we can't forget MY grandfather. I'm so blessed that he's still a part of my life and thrilled that the boys have such a wonderful relationship with their great-grandfather, as I realize this is truly a blessing that not many people have. I also can't forget my brothers, even though they aren't biological fathers yet, but they are there providing love and support to my boys. And Happy Father's Day to all the other great dads out there!

This morning was spent with a Father's Day brunch at my parents house. My brother Jim joined us, as well as my grandparents. After some sprinkler time for Tyler, we're now just vegging out, waiting for this 94-degree day to pass. Have a short trip to Al's mom and John's planned and then it's home for a little BBQ back here. Wish I could say I was enjoying this rare lazy day, but that wouldnt' necessarily be the truth. Like I said, feeling a little badly about the situation and also reaffirming that I just don't like lazy days. Instead of them truly being lazy, they are spent disciplining a little stubborn 5-year-old. He does MUCH better with activity. I guess we both do.

No comments: