Friday, June 18, 2010

Kindergarten cut day

Last Friday Beth and I decided to pull the kids from Kindergarten to go to Great Adventure. As you know, my parents bought Tyler and I season passes to Great Adventure (Jason is still free) and with the passes you get coupon books. The coupon book had a free pass that had to be used during a weekday before June 18th, so I asked Beth if she and her family would like to come for free. If Tyler hadn't ever missed a day of school I probably wouldn't have pulled him, but he did end up missing due to a fever a few weeks ago, so I knew this wouldn't mess up his perfect attendance. Plus, what was he really going to miss in a day of Kindergarten anyway?

We didn't tell the kids, just in case something were to go wrong or a kid were to get sick or something....so boy were they surprised when the awoke and heard of our little plan!

We left the house around 8:30 and drove separately, meeting up in the parking lot and then getting into the mini-van to go to the safari together. I drove so I have no pictures, but the kids had a blast. Jason sat on Beth's lap the whole time (which shocked me) and he tried to make his little animal noises the whole time. Afterwards we went to the little exploration center and the kids handled bones and skulls and looked at birds and a monkey up close. Then we got back in the car and went on back to the park. I won't bore you with all the details, but I can tell you we had a wonderful LONG day at the park. The kids got to ride tons of rides, saw a dolphin show, a Wiggles show, ate food, played in the water area, etc. Not a tear was shed, except when Mackenzie got hit by the stroller, and later when Tyler realized he was "not old enough" (aka: too short) to go on Skull Mountain. Some highlights included Jason deciding he could go on a sliding board for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time and then Tyler finally trying out the log flume (which he LOVED).

As I stated, we had a great time. We stayed until the park closed and weren't home until after 10pm!

So, please enjoy some photo highlights. This may look like a lot (which it is) but it is NOTHING in comparison to the 508 pictures I took that day. Yes, 508.



















No comments: