Sunday, June 20, 2010

growing

On Wednesday my mom got her hair cut. Looks very cute. Boys approve.

That evening we took a little trip to the lake for Tyler to test out his snorkel gear.

That evening I got out of the house for a bit after the boys were in bed for a Junior Women's meeting. Always nice to socialize.

On Thursday I picked up Tyler and we ate a quick lunch then went to visit Olivia again. She's so cute and sooooo good. Jason wasn't quite as jealous, and Tyler was well-behaved too, so it was a nice visit. Short one though, as we had to be home in time for Jason's occupational therapy that afternoon.

After therapy my mom took Tyler out and I went out and finally got the ice cream maker I had been wanting.

On Friday morning I had plans to take Jason in to visit Al's mom at her work. Jason had fun playing with a balloon, coloring in the library, and eating teddy grahams.

Not long after we got home I got a message that my friend Andrea (from grade school) was visiting at the lake. Since Jason wasn't napping anyway, we made a quick trip down to say hello before I had to leave to go get Tyler from school.

On Friday evening we had Chinese food for dinner at a brand new place here (Panda Garden, for you locals) which was really good. After dinner we went over to my grandparents to check on our multi-generational garden (and of course to eat some ice cream...or "ice dream" rice milk ice cream in Jason's case...cause that's just what we do when we go there).It's grown a tremendous amount, with corn almost as tall as Tyler. Blackberries are starting to darken, some strawberries have ripened. We've got a few green tomatoes, lots of blossoms on our cucumbers, and a few baby watermelons and peppers. Very exciting. As as exciting as it is, we've learned a lot for next year. Like we need a garden at least twice the size. And we learned that cucumber vines will wrap themselves tightly around the chicken wire gate, allowing you to not open the gate without destroying the vine. Sneaky little buggers.








No comments: