Saturday, June 5, 2010

officially moved

Saturday we were busy trying to get the house ready for our stuff coming from North Carolina. Lots was to be done, as we had to clear out Chris's room and then there woudl be some room switching. Anyway, we still had time to get ready for Memorial Day.

That evening I finally figured out that Al was one his way and potentially would be here before the boys were in bed. I was instructed to try to keep them up as long as possible, so off to the lake we went. I must say, Tyler and I made an impressive water-way system for his tadpoles he caught. And Jason was pretty fascinated by the tadpoles, as well as the many playful birds.



Saturday night, after lots of frustration and confusion, Al arrived with our stuff from North Carolina. I had let Tyler stay up to see him, and he was beyond excited when he arrived (he didn't know he'd be here that night).

After there hellos we backed the truck in and then the boys had a little time to hang out before bed.

Al, after having spent the night at his sister's, was back early the next morning. Jason seemed to remember him, which was cool. He gave him hi-fives immediately and warmed up quickly.



My dad got us breakfast and then we got started on unpacking the truck. My mom watched the boys, and Jim and Cara came to help. A bit overwhelming, and then Mom and John came to help too. Things moved quickly, which was good. The bad thing is that now I have NO idea where most of my stuff is once it was unloaded into the top of the garage. Tyler of course was excited, as he ended up with all his toys again. Christmas in May!

Later that afternoon Al drove the moving truck back to UHaul and his mom met him there to drive him back to her house. I then met them there with the boys and we had a nice barbeque. Dottie, Mike and Carli joined us as well, and we all feasted on yummy food. For the first time, it FELT like Memorial Day weekend. Jason even ate 2 entire hotdogs (sans buns) and some watermelon!





Meanwhile my parents stayed here and my dad continued to work. He was albe to get Tyler's bed put together, so Tyler enjoyed his night in his old bed. Still soooooooo much to do though. For now my life consists of a garage full of boxes.

No comments: