Friday, June 4, 2010

last week of May

So on Monday I suppose I did something (other than school and speech therapy), but I just recall that Jason looked really cute in his Flyer's gear. Plus, I think he helped them pull off a win. Hello playoffs, here we come!


Tuesday it warmed up quite a bit and I had forgotten that it wasn't summer yet. We played for a bit at the playground after school, until jason decided to try to climb into the jogging stroller on his own and tripped and fell head first onto the concrete. Sported a nice big red bump/scrape on his forhead.

Afterwards my mom and I took the boys strawberry picking. We went to Conte's, which I love. They do the free wagon rides and the prices are decent. Tyler did some good picking, but then ate nearly as much as he picked. Jason, on the other hand, refused to pick but loved transporting strawberries that we picked to the box. Truthfully most of them got sort of tossed into the box, instead of being placed gently. Oops. He did pick one strawberry though, and even tried it, but ultimately he ended up chucking it. Who would have thought that a child of mine could spent any amount of time picking strawberries and not even consume a whole strawberry. Unheard of!

















Tuesday night was finally Tyler's last t-ball game, due to a make-up game from the week prior. I know it's bad to say, but I was ready for the season to be over. T-ball always makes for a late night and Jason can get pretty cranky. I brought my camera along because I figured I might finally get some non-phone photos. Unfortunately he didn't end with the best game. I don't honestly care if he's good, but it drives me bonkers when he just plain doesn't try. He was acting silly the whole time, spinning circles while up to bat, etc. To be honest, totally embarrassing. He seemed far less mature than the 4-year-olds on the team. Pretty sad. But, I guess it ended on a good note because he did enjoy himself, which I have to continually remind myself that this is all that matters of of now.






Wednesday Beth and I finally had a chance to catch up with a little walk after school and quick stop at the lake for the kids to play. And then I was back there an hour later for a little playdate with Maria and her kids, which was nice.

On Wednesday night Tyler just wasn't himself. We had gone out to run some errands and dinner time had snuck up on us. When I asked him if he wanted Taco Bell and he replied that he wasn't hungry, I should have known something was up. We still had to stop briefly at Kohl's, and in there he announced he was freezing. I felt his head and he was burning up. Came home and took his temperature and it was 103.5. His highest EVER, by far. He complained of a stomach ache, but no other symptoms. He ended up going to bed early after the fever came down a bit with the help of Motrin.

The next day he was feeling a little better and the fever was down, but he was devestated that he had to miss school for the first time ever. He was in tears and beyond disappointed. Obviously it's the rule to keep him home (24 hrs post fever), but I was glad I did anyway because he pretty much laid on the couch all day long. He did request some lettuce and raisins on wheat crackers (odd boy) and then resumed his all-day TV marathon.


Luckily Friday he was able to return to school. While he was at school Al was busy in North Carolina as the movers were finally getting our stuff out of storage. He was busy sorting the stuff and putting it right back onto a moving van (which he'd be driving to NJ the next day). After school as we were driving to the library to drop off a book we stopped at a traffic light and I hear Tyler shriek and look in the mirror to see that it's a shriek of excitement. Turns out he had "make-up work" from his absense, which he was thrilled with. LOL. I guess I can't complain, although I do think it's a little odd!

Afterwards we joined the Junior Women's at Wilson field for a clean-up.


We coerced Tyler to make a brief trip to my grandparents to water the garden. We had been told that there were 2 ripe strawberries, but it appears that perhaps a bird or large bug had been eating away at them. Tyler was pretty disappointed, but he was quickly distracted by the fish he found in the garden. No, my grandparents do not live on the water. So apparently a bird must have dropped this from overhead as it flew from the lake. Pretty funny. Oh, and we discovered that it's now honey suckle season. Even the smell brings back good memories.



When we got home Tyler got right to work on those make-up assignments, regardless of the fact that he would have the next 3 days to work on them with the long weekend ahead. I guess I can't complain when my child WANTS to do work!

No comments: