Monday, September 28, 2009

Jason's first birthday!

On Friday Jason turned one. Can you believe it? I know I can't!

The day was relatively uneventful. In the late afternoon my brother Jim came over to say hi to the little man.

Then my dad and I took the boys to Salad Works for dinner. Jason ate a few bites of bread and a few pieces of pasta and was pretty pleased. Luckily the restaurant was empty though because he has taken to screeching when he wants something. Fun stuff.

We came home and had a mini birthday celebration, complete with cupcake. Jason decided the quickest way to attack the cake was to put aside all utensils and limbs and just dive in. He did like the icing I think. He kept smacking his lips and laughing. He only ate a small morsel of the cake though and spent the rest of the time finger painting with the icing before tossing the cupcake to the ground. LOL.





We topped off the evening with a trip to the lake, which Tyler says is Jason's favorite activity. Long gone are the days of strapping him in the stroller and relaxing on a bench. Now he wants to spent a little time on the swing and the rest of the time exploring. Let me tell you, he has an impressive ability to get a rock from sand to mouth in a split second. He manages to crawl right along, pick up stone, place in mouth, and continue on with barely missing a beat. I, thankfully, have an impressive ability to get said rock out of mouth before swallowing. Knock on wood.

4 comments:

Melodie said...

Katie had an impressive ability to get acorns into her mouth at lightning speed, and I had to develop the ability to get them out before she swallowed them.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jason! One year already, wow that went fast!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jason! (I am sooo far behind on my reading) Looks like that cupcake didn't stand a chance against him.

Homemade Happenings said...

Happy Birthday little man!! I can't believe it's been a year! It's gone fast! Looks like he had fun. :)