Friday, June 19, 2009

yep, back in the swing of things

I posted the other day that I was right back in our regular routine. That certainly was the case on Thursday, because we got to fit in a doctor's appointment! Jason had been grabbing his ear a ton and was really cranky, especially at night. Being that he just got over an ear infection, I wanted to at least have it looked at. Wednesday night I logged lots of time on the phone with Tricare and managed to speed along the process to get our insurance in NJ approved, so Thursday I was able to make an appointment to have Jason seen by his new doctor here (the same practice I went to as a child). He turned on his charm and had the staff all smiling, all the while grabbing his ear. Apparently the ear is just a new fun toy and he does NOT have an ear infection. Actually his teeth are really shifting so they said it could be causing pressure/pain in his ear, but it's not infected. So, apparently it's just those darn teeth still! He had his stats taken though, and weighed in at 21lbs 15.5oz and 27.5 inches long. Apparently his growth has slowed down, which is pretty normal since he's crawling. In fact, despite all the rolls you can see on his chubby little body, I knew he was slimming down based on how his diapers have been fitting. So the crawling, in combo with the lack of eating, is causing a little dip in HIS growth chart. Apparently they thought he was very healthy though.

Last night I let him have his first bit of juice. He's been really constipated, which is unlike him. I had tried to feed him peaches and pears, and that went as well as all foods go (which means he ate a few bites, if any) so I figured I'd try some pear juice. He had a few sips. In case your curious, he still has not pooped. LOL.

And some Tyler news...well, kinda "news". He can buckle his own carseat now. I still have to make sure he does it properly, and I still have to have him unbuckle, but it's some progress.

4 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Glad it's not an ear infection. It must make getting into the car a bit easier now that Tyler can do his own belt. Morgan has absolutely no interest in trying to buckle or unbuckle on her own. Since she's going to be in that seat until she's 16, I hope she learns soon!

Heather said...

LOL Michelle, you crack me up. Tyler very well may be the only kindergartener in a carseat, but I'll just have you send me a picture of Morgan in hers if he complains!

Christine said...

What seat did you end up with Heather? Glad the little guy doesn't have another ear infection!

Hill said...

Be glad he can't unbuckle his car seat, because once they figure that out, you'll find yourself having small heart attacks as you see your child STAND UP in the back seat while you're driving down the road. When that time comes, check out The Angel Guard-- a handy device that keeps them from being able to push the buckle button.