Monday, June 8, 2009

Graduation Day

After a very restless night on a small Aerobed (and sleeping bag for Tyler) we sent Tyler off to his last day of preschool on Tuesday. He loaded up on sweets and junk all day long, and of course had a fun time. Meanwhile I got Jason to nap so I could scrub and seal more grout, clean the tub, and did some other general cleaning. From there I picked Tyler up to go visit my friend Gineen one last time. Tyler played with her daughter and Jason and her son tried to poke each other in the face repeatedly. Good stuff.

That afternoon was full of more and more and more cleaning. We rushed to get ready for graduation, but I did get Tyler to cooperate for some pictures outside before it started raining. I can't believe my baby is so grown up looking!




The graduation ceremony was cute. Each class did 2 songs. I believe each child started the song at a different point. It was impossible to hear what was going on. I spared you the details of the video. It's actually painful to watch. From there they each got to walk up on stage for their diploma, and even more importantly, a bag of goodies (like stickers, pencil, small candies). The evening was of course topped off with some cookies and juice.

I apologize, these pictures alone could justify my need to get a better camera. So sad.






When we got home I did get Tyler to sing my favorite of their 2 class songs, which turned out pretty cute.

So, by 9:00 Tyler was in bed, and our night of stressful getting ready had only begun. Just when I thought it couldnt' get worse, Tyler woke up puking all over his clothes, the rug, and his bedding...and later the freshly cleaned bathroom. This is normally bad anyway, but coupled with the move the next day, our need to be doing other things, and the general stress level it wasn't good. Did I mention that Al had spent the day shampooing carpets and had already returned the Rug Doctor? Or the fact that we had no washer and drier nor additional bedding. Yep, can you say STRESS!!!

Anyway though, I can't believe my baby has graduated preschool. In September (or August, depending on our location) he will be starting Kindergarten. I can hardly wrap my little head around it.

2 comments:

Hill said...

I am a firm believer that both kids and pets have an internal signal that goes off whenever the various surfaces of the house have just been sanitized. This signal goes immediately to their stomach and or bowels, causing them to completely UNsanitize what you just cleaned. It's a sick, sick world we live in.

On a more positive note, congrats to Tyler for graduating! His song was adorable! American Idol?

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

LOVE the outdoor pictures! He sure worked the camera. Also love the pictures below of Jason on the beach. Sounds like you've had a crazy, crazy week. Hang in there!