Saturday, June 13, 2009

busy, busy, busy

I last posted about Sunday. Since then we've been BUSY. Let's see...

Monday: I believe we had rain, again. My grandparents did come for a visit that evening.

Tuesday: We met my sister-in-law, Dottie, at Chick-fil-A. We had things to catch up on, and the kids worked up a sweat (literally) in the play area. Jason was pretty well behaved. I was impressed. That evening myself and my mom (in one of those electric scooters) tackled Shoprite (the grocery store). Tyler harrassed us for food and begged to go in Scrunchies, which unfortunately was closed. Scrunchies is actually a play area within the grocery store. Kids 3-8 can get signed in by a parent and can stay and play while the parent(s) shop. How freakin cool. I listened to him whine for Scrunchies the next couple of days. Jason made eye contact with whomever he pleased and managed to get many smiles.

Wednesday: I drove out to Riverside to meet up with my friend Melinda so that Tyler and her daughter Scarlett could play. That afternoon we went for a long walk through the neighborhood and I showed Tyler his soon-to-be school for Kindergarten. That evening, after my dad successfuly got Jason to take a nap in the stroller, the boys and I met my high school friends at the Red Lion Inn for an "early" dinner. I use the term "early" very loosely, because that's what my childless friends considered our 7:00 reservations to be. LOL. I was a little nervous about the boys behavior, but they did wonderfully. I was pleasantly surprised, and really enjoyed our get-together with Tracy, Jen, Veronica, her daughter Gianna, and Tracy's friend Christine. Other than a minor incident with Jason's crashing his head into the highchair, we had a lovely looooonnnnngggg evening.

On Thursday we spent the morning recovering from our late night (we didn't get home until around 10:30 the night prior). A little before lunchtime I took Tyler down to the local elementary school to get him registered for Kindergarten. Can you believe it? Aside from still needing proof that I do in fact reside here, he's all set! They will call me later to set up his Kindergarten Screening (we missed them by a week) and for a tour. Saw a few old co-workers. That evening we went to my mother-in-law's for playtime and dinner. The boys both had a lot of fun, except for Jason managing to smack his head on a pot lip that he was playing with. Tyler's grandmother had given him a small stuffed sheep, which we packed to take home. We ended up staying a bit longer to wait out the downpour, and consequently left the sheep. Had I known how much crying would have later ensued, I would have turned right back around to get it. Instead I heard lots of tears before bed.

On Friday I decided to humor Tyler and brought him back to Shoprite so he could play at Scrunchies. Truth be told, I truly didn't NEED anything at the grocery store, but Tyler and I certainly needed some sort of "activity" for him. The boy is used to the routine and activity of school..I am used to a 3 hour break a day. LOL. Anyway, it gave me a chance to read labels, and peruse in peace adn quiet. Well, except for Jason of course. He was good though, and was pretty happy with his first ever teething biscuit. From there we picked my mom up at PT and then went to a community yardsale. Managed to get a few name-brand clothes for Tyler, the game "Guess Who" and a kids puzzle. From there we went to Salad Works (oh how I miss it while I'm not in NJ). They refused to make Tyler a kid's salad. How can a salad place not have a salad on the menu? Seriously though, humor the kid and make him a darn salad. Ugh. I was ticked. My mom was ticked. Had the manager actually been polite, my mom might not have felt the need to call the corporate office. It was necessary. After restime we enjoyed NUMEROUS games of "Guess Who". Tyler is pretty good at it. After dinner I made a 32 minute detour to get the previously mentioned sheep. The things you do to keep your kids from screaming... Meanwhile, after I had strapped the kids in their carseats, my mom had taken the boys to my grandparents house. I later met them there and we had a nice visit. Jason learned to "dance" to the music of Elmo. It was adorable, despite Elmo. LOL.

Bedtime was a disaster for Jason lastnight. I learned for sure that his first tooth finally broke through. He was pretty uncomfortable, and we had another long night.

Today we hit a few garage sales, which were not even cool enough to warrant getting out of the car. From there we spent some time at the library and then maybe 15 minutes at the playground before the rain started.

So, that about sums it up. The rest of my days were spent relocating Jason out of harm's way, picking up Jason after he toppled over or somehow hit his head, administering Tylenol to a teething Jason, and endless amounts of time trying to get Jason in his crib. The time has come...he NEEDS to be there. I'm thinking that teething-time is probably not the best time for this, but his safety is in question now that he crawls so well and could easily fall out of my bed. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Hill said...

Okay, I am ridiculously jealous that your grocery store has a play area. What a GENIUS idea! Maybe I should start that in OK-- I could make a fortune!

Yay, garage sales!

I am currently catching up on your blog, so expect lots of commentary.