Monday, June 8, 2009

moving day

On Wednesday, after maybe an hour and a half of sleep, we were up to start our day. It was a wirlwind of activity, including the new renters showing up around 8:00. By 9:00 we were done (or as done as we were going to be) so we head to the airport. Al dropped myself, the boys, 4 suitcases, and 2 carryons off at the airport. Shortly afterwards he picked up my dad from the airport. My dad had originally offered to fly in to FL so that he could drive with me and the minivan to NJ. If you've ever heard Jason scream in his carseat you'd realize he was doing us all a favor when he offered to drive the minivan himself while the boys and I flew. I'll be forever greatful.

After a few hours Al started his drive to GA (for jump school), my dad started his drive with the minivan to NJ, and the boys and I boarded our plane. They did pretty good. Jason was pretty cranky, but he nursed to sleep under the nursing cover maybe 30 minutes in the flight, where I left him to sleep for the next hour or so. Tyler was anxious for our arrival, but very good.

My mom drove to the airport to pick us up. She got a very big "running hug" from Tyler. We arrived at the house and Tyler was very excited to see his new bedroom. VERY excited.

Shortly afterwards we visited my grandparents for dinner (Riviera Pizza, yum). Then it was time for bed. Very early to bed. We all needed it.

3 comments:

Homemade Happenings said...

Glad you made it there safely and with no drama! :)

jamielblev said...

Wow, you are officially moved. I hope y'all have a fantastic summer in NJ. How often will you get to see Al?

Heather said...

I probably won't see him at all until he's done jump school and in NC (sometime in July). After then he says he hopes to drive north to see us every other weekend. Guess we'll see.