Friday, June 26, 2009

party time!

This past weekend was full of activity. Honestly I can't remember all of it, but I can tell you it was busy.

Saturday Tyler had a party to attend for his friend Scarlett. It was a princess party, which was adapted to be a "pirate & princess" party to reflect the fact that there was a boy there. We almost didnt' make it because Jason and I were both feeling sick, but i was glad we did because there was only one other guest who showed up. Tyler had a ball, and would have been perfectly happy with a princess party. In fact he picked a tinkerbell cupcake over a pirate one. He did get a kick out of his pirate hook and other assorted pirate goodies in his goodie bag. The hit of the party was the face painting...or in Tyler's case, hand painting. He got a tarantula on one hand a skeleton on the other, and then later a web on his arm. Very cute, but left some nasty paint mess on his brand new carseat.

After a rough afternoon with the hyper sugar boy, we went over to AT&T to look at phones. My mom and I decided to get iPhones, and while we waited on them we met my dad and brother at Panera bread. Jason gnawed on some bread, but of course didn't truly eat anything.

Sunday was Father's Day. I eventually let Tyler work on his craft that I had gotten at a garage sale the day prior. It was a cookie and milk plate set that you could decorate with paint. He had fun.

That evening we ordered pizza and my grandparents and brother Jim and Cara came over. Tyler was a happy little boy, and Cara was quickly his new playmate.

1 comment:

Hill said...

I'm so jealous. iPhones are so nifty!