Monday, May 11, 2009

the weekend, continued

On Saturday, while I recovered from Animal Kingdom (did I mention that Jason woke up at 5:15 that morning???), Al took Tyler to Lowe's for his Kids Workshop. He just LOVES these things. This week they made a Mother's Day "planter plant", which of course he couldn't wait until Mother's Day to present me with. Isn't it cute?

After Jason and I woke up from OUR nap, the boys and I head off to Tyler's friend's birthday party. Tyler had a WONDERFUL time bouncing away in the bounce house, working on a craft, and otherwise enjoying the party. Jason was really good too.

Meanwhile Al stayed home to work on some landscaping. Apparently he finished his landscaping and decided to be helpful and load and run the dishwasher for me. I came home from the party and find suds all over the kitchen floor, as well as coming out of the TOP of the dishwasher. I yell for Al and tell him that the dishwasher is broken. A look of panic comes over his face and then he asks whether he used he right "soap". Turns out he used regular dish detergent, as opposed to the proper dishwasher liquid. He even filled the pre-rinse with the soap as well, so we had TONS of suds. Unfortunately I didn't think to take out the camera until most of the clean-up via wet-dry vac had occurred, but I assure you were had massive suds. Three washes later, I believe we've conquered the problem!

2 comments:

Audrey Griffis said...

i love this story what a riot!!

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness! No doubt that was quite a mess to clean...but that story is AWESOME!