Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I could be in trouble!

On Monday Jason finally scooted forward a bit. He didn't get too far, and then didn't do it again, but he was proud of himself while it lasted. He managed to get his hands on Tyler's crocodile flashlight, so that was a hit. Otherwise he's only motivated by our electronics (iPod, Blackberry, remotes, etc.)

Today I gave Jason real solid food for the first time. Some really soft carrots, green beans, and peas. He enjoyed playing with them. That sums it up.

I do think Jason will be crawling soon. Today he was actually getting somewhere with his scooting. It's sorta like a crawl with the back end, but he can't actually move his arms forward, so then it transitions into an awkward inchworm like move. Either that or he just sits up with his butt in the air, rocking back and forth. I'll try to get some video tomorrow. I think this seems like perfect time for him to try to get mobile, just in time for our upcoming move. I've got plenty of things to do around the house, so he figures I'd probably love to chase around a crawler and babyproof the home!

1 comment:

Christine said...

He is the cutest thing, I want to pinch his little cheeks! I can't believe you saw the shuttle, my kids would have DIED! They love that stuff!