Friday, May 29, 2009

a little of this and that

So we've been in the final homestretch before the move. The list was HUGE of things to do. So the boys thought Tuesday would be a great time to visit the doctor's office one last time. Tyler came home from school complaining of a sore throat. I didn't think too much of it, but he refused to eat, which is always a red flag that something is up. Being that Jason had been really fussy and had been running a fever off and on, I decided to make an appointment for both of them. I'm glad I did. Turns out that Tyler had tonsillitis. Jason had an ear infection, a cold, and is definitely cutting some teeth. Lovely. Antibiotics for all! Oh, and both of my boys are growing. Tyler weighed in at 42lbs and Jason at 21lbs 12oz.

Later on that day I tried to get as much done around the house as I could. Essentially we had to separate out all the things we'd need for the week in the house between the movers packing and the point we leave, not to mention all the stuff that we'd be using in NJ (where we'll be for an undetermined amount of time). Anyway, Jason wasn't too keen on this plan and instead thought I should hold him the whole time. Eventually he let me put him down to take some pictures of the furniture (we need it for documentation in-case they lose/damage anything). The child thinks that any camera is there to document him. Smiles right away!

On Wednesday we were BUSY with readying for the movers. I did manage to snap a few pictures that reminded me of daily life in our house. As much as I'm ready to go, it will still be bittersweet. So many memories.



Out of nowhere, while I was packing up our candles (movers wont' take them), Jason surprised me by pulling to the standing position. As you can see, he's proud.

Tyler got a last haircut in the house.

And Jason continued to get into trouble.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh my! I know you are so busy, but the boys are just so darn cute! Reading this post almost makes me stress as we have a move coming up very soon too. I have soooo much to do!

Good luck though!

Oh, and I hope those AB's are working quickly on the boys! Just what you need at this time! I hope they are feeling better.