Monday, May 4, 2009

can't sleep

Today I went to feed the baby and accidentally fell asleep. Two and a half hours later, we were both finally awake. Al had managed to keep Tyler from coming in our room and had kept him busy. I was very thankful, but here I am at 12:42am, WIDE awake. So here I sit, ready and willing to bore my reading audience. LOL.

It's almost my birthday. I'll be 31 this week. Hard to believe, huh? I decided, just today, that in fact I'm getting old. Perfect examples:
1) My knees hurt. I've been trying to run (aka: mostly walk with some jogging thrown in) and my knees are killing me today. Granted I haven't exercised in a while, but this never used to happen. I've experience all sorts of muscular and even ligament pain from exercise, but never joints. The only time I ever recall having my knees hurt was after I did the Walk for Hunger, which was 20 miles. 20 miles makes sense for knee pain. The embarrassingly short distance I ran (if you can call it that) should not result in knee pain.
2) We got McDonald's tonight. Tyler's happy meal "toy" was a "Kids Bop" CD (I think that's what it was called). I liked it. I should not enjoy a CD called Kids Bop.

Anyway, on to other topics. Lets start with Tyler. My lovely dear Tyler. While I appreciate that you are doing your best to save the planet Earth, not everything in the home needs to be repurposed. Seriously, the Stove Top Stuffing box really can just be thrown in recycling. It doesn't have to become an art project. This child and his "crafting" is both a blessing and a curse. I love his creativity and all, but I am at the point where I have to throw out trash while he's asleep in order to avoid him "saving" all the items. I can't even tell you the last time a toilet or paper towel roll made it into recycling. They've all become telescopes, musical instruments, paper animals, and other various creations. Believe me, there are worse things to complain about in life, but darn it my house has been overtaken by "art".

My sweet smiling Jason. You need to learn to take a bottle and fall asleep some other way than during a feeding. You are over 7 months old. It's time now. While you are at it, can you learn to babble "ma ma" (or, for that matter, ANYTHING) before Mother's Day. If nothing else can you at least mutter something before we leave FL. Your daddy really wants to hear you "talk" and see you crawl before he leaves. You've got 31 days. Time starts now.

That's it for now. Off to see if it's my turn to play Scrabble on Facebook. Does that make me seem older?

4 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I totally relate to the art project hording. Be glad it's just the stovetop stuffing box. Morgan loves to pick up things she finds out and about - things most people call garbage or litter. Thank goodness she hasn't tried to collect any cigerette butts!

jamielblev said...

It could be your shoes causing the pain in the knees. Not that I know anything about running. I think the last time I ran was in high school and it was laps for talking during practice. LOL But I have a friend who runs marathons and I remember her telling me one time about her knees hurting and needing new shoes.

Heather said...

Michelle, Tyler has many "d'aventures" or "treasures" from out and about (as he likes to call them, otherwise known as TRASH)!

Jamie, you might be right about the shoes. I can't tell you the last time I got new sneakers.

Tiffany said...

I have a hoarder here too, so totally relate. Oh, and my craft supplies are totally trashed now where she just "must" create something and goes pilfering through my stuff. Her latest project...to make a harp...