Thursday, May 21, 2009

the attack

Yesterday I had a nice lunch at the mall with two of my playgroup friends and their girls. All was fine and good until I was attacked.

The evidence:

The vicious face of the accused:


Yep, my baby did that to me. I was busy chatting away while he apparently plastered my upper body in hickies. I totally look abused. I said I was lucky that I had witnesses or else I feared my friends and family would be staging an intervention. LOL.

After a really nice long playdate at the mall, I managed to leave just in time to hit the total downpour. When I say that the rain was heavy, that would be a total understatement. Here I was running across the parking lot, pushing a screaming baby, carrying a bag, and dragging along a laughing Tyler. I let Tyler run in his side of the car while I got Jason in and strapped in enough that he wouldn't escape. Meanwhile I unloaded the stroller and folded up the car. At this point we were so soaked that I had to dump out the excess water from the stroller seat and cup holders. I then climbed back in and buckled up the boys. By the time I got in myself I could literally wring out my clothes. My poor children had to suffer because I couldn't remember an umbrella (it doesn't help when it's in the car). The boys recovered quickly. My hair didn't dry for hours!

Anyway, after a little dinner and baking Al stayed home while I went with Jason to an American Idol party at Julie's house. Jason was fairly well behaved, considering he never slept. We had a nice time.

Today, after 3 years, I finally met up with my friend Hope who lives in Tampa. We were friends in grade school and haven't seen each other since High School graduation. It was nice to catch up, but sad that I waited this long, and just as I'm about to move. It was great to see her though and meet her adorable (and smart) little boy!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! That's some crazy suction he has! LOL

Melodie said...

I can only imagine how soaked you were. I took my clothes off as soon as I got home, and when I got home from Julie's last night, my sweater was still pretty wet. And I didn't have as far to go to my car as you did!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Oh oh. You are in trouble! Giving girls hickies as such an early age. You better watch out for those teenage years!

Kim said...

Oh my!! That is insane!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!!

And tell Hope I say hello!! How cool. :) (Hope I bet you read this, if so, "hi!!" (It's Andrea S.)