Thursday, May 7, 2009

blogging from bed..

Yep, my cute little netbook finally arrived earlier today. And now, at 12:19am, I'm finally getting a chance to use it!

Why haven't I used it until now? Well, that's because I just got Jason to bed about an hour ago, and he's already been up once since then. Poor little baby has something wrong with him, although I'm not sure what. After being totally fine all day on Tuesday night i put him to bed. He was having trouble sleeping, as he often does, so I put him in the swing. I left to take a run/walk and about 20 minutes later I got a frantic call from Al. The baby was screaming in the background and I could barely hear him and what I thought he said was that the baby fell out of the swing. Adrenaline pumping, I ran home as fast as I could. Turns out that the baby had suddenly started screaming in the swing and when he picked him up he promptly vomitted all over him. According to Al he threw up 5 times, which by the status of our living room rug, I'd say that was about right. Al was totally freaked, having not ever seen him truly vomit before. I immediately thought that maybe he was having an allergic reaction to something. I hadn't had anything off limits, but he had finally given in and eaten a decent amount of avocado. He proceeded to vomit more, eventually just getting up bile. He was perfectly happy though and no fever. Eventually I called the pediatrician who seemed concerned with the amount/frequency of the vomitting, so she requested I bring him to pediatric urgent care. Of course he was fine there (little liar) but they did give him zofran to keep him from getting dehydrated. They said it did not seem like an allergic reaction, but likely a 24 hour stomach bug. He did decently overnight and threw up this morning as I gave him his dose of zofran. He still threw up 2 more times after that, despite the medication. I shudder to think what he'd be doing without the medication. Poor little baby just couldn't sleep though, so it's been a long day. Still no fever or any other signs of illness and (knock on wood) Tyler seems fine for now.

The incident was not without its benefits though. I learned a few things.
1) My husband might do great in stressful combat zone situations, but give him a puking baby and he's utterly useless.
2) If I could manage to get my adrenaline pumping like I did after that phone call, I could probably run a marathon.
3) I'm totally out of shape and am paying for the running incident.
4) Set up camp in a room with tile flooring if you have a sick baby. Easier than cleaning carpet.

Anyway, that about sums it up. Keep your fingers crossed that this passes soon because we have a Disney day planned on Friday. My sister-in-law is in Disney with my neice Carli for the first time, and we are supposed to meet up with them for a day. I'd hate to miss out on that!

Also, please send some good vibes my mom's way. She had her third (yes, you read that right, her THIRD) knee surgery today. All went well so we're just hoping for a speedy recovery this time!

1 comment:

jamielblev said...

Oh wow! Poor baby!!!! I hope he feels better today!